Monday, November 29, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Of course, feature one of this blog's favourite artists doing Dredd and the rest of 'em start piping up. "Here's mine!" sez Edmund Bagwell (more on Bag-E's cover process over on Der Pete Wells Blogging Experience).
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Found this in my inbox earlier: "Veteran 2000AD artist BRENDAN McCARTHY has plotted and illustrated a new JUDGE DREDD two-parter, with comics writer AL EWING scripting.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Hey. I was just checking out the great June Hudson's website when I noticed this page. Could any of these costume designs be rolling out next year? It is common knowledge that Matt Smith has been campaigning for a coat to be added to his character's wardrobe, after all.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
I think Tiernen was pleased with the wave of positive responses here and on Twitter for the FEAST OF TOYS art, so he's sent along another batch of pages, which I'll let speak for themselves. Do check out all the greatness at his website, and anyone interested in publishing this beauty should get in touch with the guy.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Tuesday, November 09, 2010
I was recently honoured to see the pitch document for the book Tiernen Trevallion is working on, FEAST OF TOYS. It's bloomin' lovely, a work of art in and of itself, and tantalizingly makes the reader crave seeing the finished product - so here's hoping he can get hooked up with a publisher sharpish. Here's some samples from the project. Hope he doesn't mind me giving you a cheesy high concept pitch: it's Emily The Strange meets The Airtight Garage down a dark alley!
1. School-of-Mignola graduate and reg'lee-ur IDW Doctor Who contributor Matthew Dow Smith's Captain Britain pitch. The even-cooler twist on this story? It would have been drawn by Guy Davis.
2. Hey, Martin Skidmore has resuscitated the Fantasy Advertiser as an online thingy. That fanzine was my bible as a kid. (via Uncle Joe)
3. The Reverend Dave Johnson is sermonizing about the Hero Initiative over at his DeviantArt page. Preach on, brother Dave. And the accompanying piece of Avengers art is rather groovy, too. If only we could clone an army of the guy so he could draw an entire comic in this style.
I steer clear of the 2000AD forums, because I'm already an unbalanced misanthrope who doesn't need any more prompting to go postal. As such, I may be late to these items, but they're worth sharing anyway.
1. PJ Holden is getting, y'know, properly good, isn't he?
2. Brigonos Mac Giolla Chomhgaill has been having lots of 2000AD-related fun over at his blog these last few days, featuring such goodies as the inevitable Judge Dredd/Shako team-up, and Ro-Jaws watching "2 Girls, 1 Cup".
3. The mighty Ash Wood trails his Mongrol toy, available next January sometime.
I'm also sitting on some rather special exclusive art by a couple of 2000AD-related artists: must check how much of it I'm allowed to run, and then share it with the world.